About This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wonderful Watermelon - Food Of the Month

I'm so excited that we are happily jumping into summertime. When I think of summer, watermelon always comes to mind. I don't ever recall a summer that I haven't eaten watermelon poolside or abused a watermelon at the store in order to find which one was the juiciest. Luckily Martha gave me a tip to pick the melons with a white patch on it, this is where it sat and made sugar for the sweetness. So far this season all my melons have been sweet and juicy! Here is a super refreshing treat next time you pick the perfect watermelon.


We made watermelon iced tea. So super thirst quenching.
Here's what you need:
Your favorite iced tea, we used a tropical tea.
Watermelon
Ice


Cut the melon.


Juice the melon, then strain out seeds.


Combine watermelon juice with tea, I used about 3 tablespoons per cup. Totally your preference, I have a sweet tooth so mine is on the sweeter side. Garnish with a slice and enjoy with family and friends.
xo,
cherish

1 comment:

  1. this can be a Family Fun Friday thirst quencher, for sure!

    ReplyDelete